The Chiropractors in this office share one thing in common…that is the desire and passion to remove nerve interference in the body so that every persons’ body will function the way God intended.
Dr. Art Coffman
Dr. Art was born and raised in Independence, MO. He went to a chiropractor with a friend when he was 29 years old. He really only went to keep his friend company, but the chiropractor gave him an adjustment. He soon realized that when he left the chiropractor’s office that his nose was clear and he had no headache (2 things that he had been “living with” for as long as he could remember). To make a long story short…after a few years, he decided he would become a chiropractor so that he could help people reach their full health potential. He graduated from Cleveland Chiropractic College of Kansas City, MO. in October 1975 at the age of 37. Since then, he has accomplished the following:
· Past President of the Cleveland Chiropractic College Alumni Board, as well as board member for 14 years
· Current President of the Board of Trustees of Life Foundation, Marietta, GA
· Associate instructor at Cleveland Chiropractic College in the subjects of: Thompson Adjusting Technique and Chiropractic Principles and Practice
· Visiting Lecturer at Life University
· Certified Internationally to teach Thompson Adjusting Technique
· Taught Post Graduate seminars at Life University, Marietta, GA and Cleveland Chiropractic College, Kansas City, MO
· Current Tennessee Representative for the International Chiropractor’s Association (I.C.A.)
· Honored by the I.C.A. as a Fellow of the I.C.A. in 1991
· Honored by I.C.A. with the inaugural presentation of the Herman Ballard Award, May 1997
· Current member of the Tennessee Chiropractic Association
· Past President of the Southeast Tennessee Chiropractic Association
· Published as the cover story in the December 1985 edition of Today’s Chiropractic magazine
· In 2003, participated in a chiropractic mission to Nicaragua where he and the others present adjusted thousands of Nicaraguans
In addition to all of that, there are some personal accomplishments he is especially proud of as well. Because of his decision to become a chiropractor, his brother-in-law and 3 children also became chiropractors and two of his children married chiropractors! He also was honored with being the commencement speaker at Dr. Joe and Dr. Nicole’s graduation from Life University in Dec. of 2003.
Dr. Art owned and operated a practice in Kansas City, MO from April 1976 until March 1992. He and his family then relocated to beautiful Chattanooga, TN and he opened his office here in May 1992. He and his wife of 40 years, Judi, are happy to be in the South… land of “Southern Hospitality” and NO SNOW!!!
Dr. Rebecca Holden
Dr. Rebecca was born and raised in Dalton, GA. She graduated from North Georgia College and State University in 1999 with a Bachelor’s in Biology. She then went on to pursue her chiropractic degree at Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic and graduated as valedictorian of her class in September 2005. Dr. Rebecca has been a part of the CCLC team since 2006. She first got into chiropractic when she was in high school and needed to take her mom to a chiropractor for a back injury. While there, she read brochures and spoke with the chiropractor and was intrigued by what she learned. She, of course, learned that chiropractic was for much more that just back injuries! She keeps busy outside the office with her husband, Wayne, of 10 years and their foster children. She also plays piano for her church and enjoys any sort of outdoor activities.